Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

As we approach the last day before our holiday break, it is time to find time to enjoy the people and things we have in life.  The holidays are more than just presents, but in my eyes time to spend with my family.  I have to admit I think I am going to to a lot of relaxing during this break, too.

The students are so excited for the holidays and you can definitely feel that in the air as I walk through the school.  I really do love this time of year in an elementary school (minus the full moon this week, too, though.)

We all have holiday traditions, each a little different, but so meaningful to each family.  I look forward to the time off and seeing family and friends.  Twinkling lights, Xmas trees, decorations, gatherings, are just a few of my favorite things this time of year.

Over the last couple of weeks a lot has been happening here at MLS.  Last Friday, the K-2 grade students participated in the Health Fair.  There were many stations that they rotated through.  My favorite was the ball drums.  I had a blast at that station!

Second graders had the opportunity to see a hand-made hover craft.  Some of them even got to ride it.  It was very neat. (see picture below)

There have been holiday parties, PE dance-offs, and many projects this week.  You can't walk down the hall without seeing some cool piece of artwork or creation.  I love it!!!

When we return in 2 weeks we will welcome in 2014.  Wow where has the year gone?

I hope that everyone has a wonderful break.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families!!

Warmest Regards,
Mrs. Robertson

K-2 Health Fair - Ball Drums

Kindergarten Gingerbread House and People

2nd Graders riding a "Hover Craft"
2nd Grade Totem Pole - so cool!!
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment